We first covered the Revolution Watch Company Diver last May. We were impressed by the design aesthetic and, after some unexpected delays, it has finally made it to Indiegogo – where it was funded in less than 24 hours. There is still time to preorder one, so here is what you need to know about the watch.
Preorder the Revolution Watch Company Diver
The Revolution Watch Company was founded by Preston Turk and Walter Schofield, both of whom have been fascinated by wristwatches since they were young. They met on the WatchUSeek forum, back in 2013 when Preston posted his initial design for the watch, and Walter gave his feedback. That started a conversation which turned into a partnership to bring the watch to life.
The designers aimed to create a modern, reliable dive watch with vintage-inspired aesthetics; something which one can appreciate day to day but also gives a nod to the past – a true “beach to boardroom” watch. They were inspired by to the bold watches of the 1960s, and the domed sapphire crystal, black dial, raised indices, and C3 Super Luminova strikes a balance between vintage looks and a modern size. Unlike a lot of crowdfunded wayches, the Revolution Watch Company design, tool and manufactured every single part from scratch, except for the automatic movement.
Revolution Watch COmpany Diver: Specifications
- 316 Stainless Steel.
- 41mm in diameter, 14 mm tall, lug width of 20mm.
- Screwed in back and double O Ring crown gaskets
- Water resistant to 300 Metres
- Screwed down and signed
- 316L stainless steel Shark Mesh style bracelet with screwed links and signed diver’s clasp with safety, or,
- Custom made rubber strap with signed buckle
- Citizen/Miyota 9015 automatic / mechanical. 28,800 beats per hour.
- 42 Hours Power Reserve
- C3 Super Lumi-Nova applied to minute, hour, second hand and indices
- Date indicator located at 4:30
- Domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on the inside
- 120 click ratcheted bezel
- Luminous pip at 12
Buy a Revolution Watch Company Diver
Early bird prices start at an impressive $399. You can preorder your Revolution Watch Company Diver at Indiegogo here: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-tough-as-nails-beach-to-boardroom-dive-watch-watches