Isotope is a fairly new brand with a strong design aesthetic. They have just launched preorders for their new dress watch, the Isotope Palloncino Di Perle on Kickstarter.
Isotope Palloncino di Perle – Coming to Kickstarter
When we first saw the Isotope Palloncino di Perle, it brought to mind the Arcturus LC-1 – a project which we were on board with. It turns out that despite the similarities of the “balloon” shape inlaid with mother of pearl, Isotope have been using this design long before Arcturus, and the watches are very different in almost every other way.
The watch itself is a dress watch with a quartz movement, which makes it a far more attractive price than many of its competitors in the microbrand market. It’s common for watch collectors to look down their noses at quartz watches, but the main complaint – the ticking second hand – will hardly be noticeable in a tiny subdial and, in return, you get unparalleled accuracy and no fuss with setting the watch every time you wear it.
Isotope Palloncino di Perle – Specifications
- 38mm Original Stainless Steel case
- Water Resistant up to 50 Metres/5 ATM
- Sapphire Crystal (Scratch resistant)
- Sandwich dial with central balloon shape in Mother of Pearl
- Austrian Stone at 6 o’clock over White, Black or Brown Sunburst Dial
- Isotope hands with Luminova for night reading
- Quick Release Leather Strap with signed Butterfly Clasp
- Italian Mesh bracelet (available as an option)
- Swiss Made Quartz movement (Slimtech Ronda 1069)
- Battery life: 25 to 34 months
About the brand: Isotope
In Science, isotopes are different forms of a single element. The brand values of Isotope are individuality and originality. The “i” in their logo is aligned with the 7th hour – and numerologists consider the number seven to be a symbol of good fortune and unification. It is a popular number across the world, especially in China. The concept and design of the watch follow Isotope’s DNA – a central balloon shape – in this case, inlaid with Mother of Pearl. The design comes from the Streamline Moderne era and from the first Isotope model, the Limited `Edition Rider Jumping Hour.
Buy an Isotope Palloncino di Perle
The watch is available for pre-order, starting at the very reasonable £89. For that price, we can overlook any prejudice against quartz for the opportunity to own a watch that eschews the standard Kickstarter designs of minimalist dress watch, black bezel dive watch or racing chronograph.
If you like the look of the watch, The Isotope Palloncino di Perle is now available on Kickstarter.
Social Media & Website Links
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/IsotopeWatches
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/isotope.watches/
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/isotopewatches
- Website – www.isotopewatches.com