Their last watch, the Goutte D’Eau was such a favourite our editor bought one – so we were excited to hear about the new Isotope Hydrium.
Introducing the Isotope Hydrium X “Will Return”
The Isotope Hydrium X “Will Return” is the living interpretation of the most iconic clock door sign, encapsulated in a high-quality Diver’s watch case.
The inspiration comes from New York, where the traditional clock door sign patiently informs when the shop will be open again. The hour and minute hands are similar to a water droplet and have a similarity to the “Lacrima”, the dial motif that connects all Isotope Watches designs. The “Will Return” Limited Edition comes with an automatic movement and no date window to ensure it stays as close to the original design as possible.
The “Will Return” is available on a bespoke watch case inspired by droplets and by the fluidity from the Streamline Moderne era. The watch case is made out of machined and micro-blasted Stainless Steel, providing a grey, raw look, with Sapphire Crystal on the Watch Face, Bezel and open case back. The dial is filled with Superluminova, for maximum visibility in the dark.
Isotope Hydrium Burnt Tangerine
The Isotope Hydrium Burnt Tangerine is Isotope’s interpretation of a high-visibility dial. Instead of using large indices, the brand has gone for over-dimensioned, high-contrast hands with the shape of the Isotope “i”.
The two-layered dial shows the exclusive Lacrima, and the index ring. Both are slightly elevated, opposing the traditional Sandwich dial. The design has been perfected during the last two years, and Isotope is ready to start the production of a Limited Edition of only 100 watches
Isotope Hydrium X – Technical Specifications
• Micro-blasted case, 316L stainless steel
• Case diameter 40mm X 48mm (with lugs)
• Height 11.3mm (14.8mm with double domed and anti-reflective Sapphire Crystal)
• Exhibition screw-down case back
• Uni-directional bezel with 120 clicks
• Screw-down crown at 3 o’clock
• White glossy dial filled with Swiss Super-LumiNova®
• Isotope Lacrima hands with Swiss Super-LumiNova®
• Water-resistance 300m / 30 atm / 1000 ft
• 22mm Quick-release Cordura and FKM straps with signed micro-blasted Steel Buckle
• Assembled in the U.K.
• Automatic, self-winding Japanese Miyota 9039
• Power reserve 42 hours
• Accuracy -10/+30 s/day
Buy an Isotope Hydrium
Pre-orders are now open at www.isotopewatches.com – The expected delivery date is March 2022. Use code HydriumWillReturn for the “Will Return” or HydriumBTangerine to get the watches at early-bird prices of £450 and £435 respectively.