Time Locker tells us they make modern dive watches with a vintage flair. Their range is coming to Kickstarter very soon – are they worth backing?
Coming to Kickstarter – Time Locker
Brice Fromm, Time Locker’s founder tells us that when he was 21, his father gave him a watch. It was a diving watch worn by combat divers in the 1970s. Others saw it as a simple timepiece, but for him, it symbolized the father and son bond. After years of wearing his father’s watch, it became a battered veteran, with too many scars and he felt he could no longer wear it at the office or during exhibitions. Unwilling to pay thousands on a high-end timepiece, he needed a versatile and elegant watch that fits into any situation. Above all, it needed to be reliable. As he was unable to find the perfect replacement, he decided to create his own watches.
Time Locker Watches
When designing Time Locker watches, Brice took inspiration from the combat divers from the 1950s and their timepieces. The Time Locker range of military-inspired dive watches is launching exclusively on Kickstarter in 2019.
3 watches: The Tonga, the Kouriles and the Kermadec.
– Stainless steel 316L with brush finishing
– Size: 42.00 mm
– Thickness (including crystal): 14.00 mm
– Lug to lug: 50.00 mm
– Lug width: 22.00 mm
– Embossed screw-down case back.
– Oversized signed crown for ease of use.
97g or 3.42oz
– Unidirectional, 120 clicks, scratch-resistant ceramic bezel.
– Etched indexes filled with lume.
– Intentionally wide bezel (4.35 mm)
Double domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on the inside.
C3 Super-LumiNova lume on indexes, numerals, hands and bezel.
Numerals and indexes
Hand applied, filled with 3 layers of lume.
– 20 ATM (200 meters / 660 feet).
– Screw-down crown and a screw-down case back.
Automatic movement Seiko NH35A.
– Jewels: 24
– Vibration per hour: 21,600 bph
– Lift angle: 53 degree
– Shock System: diashock
– Power reserve: 41 hours
– Winding direction: bi-directional
– Hacking function: yes
– Hand windable function: yes
– Italian, vegetable-tanned leather with a rounded end. Each ring is individually stitched.
– Optional silicone strap.
Black or white
Buy a Time Locker Watch
When pre-ordering a Time Locker watch on Kickstarter, Kickstarter backers will receive:
- A Time Locker dive watch at a preferential price (compared to the future retail price).
- A numbered, limited Kickstarter edition Time Locker watch.
- An exclusive travel case.
- Two straps: an Italian, vegetable-tanned leather strap and NATO strap.
- A 2-year international warranty.
The brand is currently running a survey to collect feedback to create the best offer for backers on Kickstarter. The price will be updated on that page once available. Sign up for more information at https://diving.weartimelocker.com/optin-30809556
Time Locker on Social Media