Watch straps are all the same, right? Well if you are looking for something different to nylon, rubber or leather there is another option from British retailer Page & Cooper: Denim watch straps!
A Week on the Wrist – Page & Cooper Denim Straps
The Page and Cooper Denim straps are available in a choice of three colours: blue, black and olive military green. They are backed by rough-cut leather. The hand-stitched denim will naturally fray over time and acquire what watch enthusiasts like to call “patina” but the backing should ensure they retain their integrity even when the outer material is well worn. They come in a 22mm width, and do not taper, so the buckle is also 22mm – important if you want to reuse an OEM buckle from a watch as most straps taper by 2mm at the buckle end. We tried them on a neutral-looking Soki tester watch but we think they would suit a brass or bronze watch really well.
What We Liked
- The straps look unique, the material is high quality and the stitching is really well done
- They are soft, supple and comfortable on the wrist, despite the rough leather backing
- The colours are neutral enough to match a variety of cases and dials – and the blue one looks great with jeans
What We Didn’t Like
- The laser-etched buckles are not heavy-duty so may need to be replaced on bulkier watches to keep them secure.
- For some larger watches, these unpadded, soft straps may be too floppy and cause it to slip around the wrist
- At £20 these are more expensive than a lot of denim watch straps on eBay – but you get a better level of quality control
Page & Cooper Denim Watch Straps – the WRUK Verdict
These are really nice straps, and although you can buy a denim watch strap on eBay for half the price, quality is a bit of a lottery and with these, you get the benefit of a British company and quick delivery. They even made our little Soko look great, so if you like the look then buy with confidence.
Buy Page & Cooper Denim Watch Straps
You can buy these straps for £20 each from Page & Cooper’s website. We are also giving away these three straps which were kindly donated to us in our November giveaway. Page & Cooper have a new strap range coming soon, so keep your eyes out for those.